The MXH932 PCIe 4.0 Host/Target Adapter is our high performance transparent solution for connecting servers to external I/O subsystems. Based on Microchip® Gen4.0 PCI Express bridging architecture, the MXH932 adapter enables reliable transparent PCIe cable connections and clock isolation.
For high performance application, such as GPU farms, test and measurement equipment, medical equipment, and storage subsystem, the MXH932 delivers flexibility and performance with extremely high data quality. It combines 256 Gb/s performance with the low latency of PCI Express, which is ideal for external I/O Expansion systems.
The MXH932 card has a quad SFF-8644 cable connector and supports PCIe 4.0 cables. The card supports the PCI-SIG CMI (Cable Management Interface ) protocol as defined in the current PCI-SIG External Cable specification 3.0. When the MXH932 is used in conjunction with PCIe 4.0 cables, it can connected to any compliant downstream device.
The MXH932 is carefully designed for maximum cable lengths. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters. More info on cable alternatives for the MXH932 card.
The MXH932 uses an on-board DIP-Switch to select between Host and Target operations and to set other operational parameters. The adapter cable port can be configured as four x4, two x8 or one x16 PCIe 4.0 connections.
eXpressWare Board Management Software
The MXH932 Adapter card comes with the optional eXpressWare Board Management software for simplified monitoring and management. For more information on Dolphin board management software visit here.
PCI Express NTB
The MXH932 card is a transparent product only. To utilize the Dolphin's PCIe NTB eXpressWare clustering software, you need to purchase the MXH930 PCIe Gen4 NTB adapter card.
- PCI Express® 4.0 compliant - 16.0 GT/s per lane
- Link compliant with Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 and Gen4 PCI Express
- PCIe 4.0 cables
- Quad SFF-8644 x4 Gen4 PCI Express NTB cable ports that can be configured as:
- One - x16 PCI Express port
- Two - x8 PCI Express ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express ports
- Supports both copper and fiber-optic cables
- Host clock isolation support
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- Dual EEPROM / Flash for safe custom system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate